Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Gatlinburg/Nashville Trip Part 2

A song that continually was brought to mind during this trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee was 3x5, by John Mayer, which is funny because the song is about not taking pictures and capturing things with both eyes. There is a line in this song tho that says, "And its strange how clouds that look like mountains in the sky are next to mountains anyway.." This(above) is probably my most favorite picture taken on my whole trip. There is something about the way sepia brings out the detail of the clouds, but John is right, what is shown in this picture is only a fraction of the beauty of this place in real life.

Another shot of the clouds, I swear, I tried just about every setting on my camera to see if I could capture what I saw with my eyes. These were what our cabins looked like- I loved how rugged it all was.