Today I whipped up the guts to talk to my dad about the possibility of going to Morocco in March. I happened on some very cheap tickets( $397) and I decided that it was time, I needed to jump all over it. So with a little more motivation from Kheireddine's and my good friend, Steffi, I put together a proposal, prayed for favor, walked downstairs and asked my dad. I was a little thrown off when he let me talk and didn't say blatantly " Not a chance!" We had an adult conversation, where I was also an adult explaining to him my reasons for going were not just to have a fling, that I'd be exploring possibilities. Possibilities of a relationship, possibilities of a summer there, possibilities of a life there in the future. I explained that there were people there who are ready to welcome me, that there are friends there that I can trust to take care of me if need be. Then I told him what I had to offer in return- an American Literature course finished before, March. He says he has no issue with money and no issue with Kheireddine but still, he's a bit skeptical about my safety- a true father. So he's going to call or email the embassy there to ask their opinion. Any ideas of what they'll say? I'm just sitting here in suspense..
Photo, "Silence," taken yesterday. More here.