Tuesday, November 6, 2007

My Escape


Guess where :) Yes, the local Starbucks! While nothing like those downtown, it has become somewhat of an escape for me. I've been going now for a few weeks, every Friday to study for a few hours. I'm not sure what it is about Starbucks that draws me, the coffee, that coffee perfume I have when I leave, or maybe just the atmosphere? Whatever it is, I'm drawn there a few times a week plus my Friday study time. A way to get out of the house, to treat myself, to enjoy myself a little. So I also find myself taking pictures there, of course! Above is last Friday, and below is the Friday before.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two fine pictures taken in a very appealing place! :-) I like both shots, but the "studious" one gives us an idea of what you are studying. I justify my Starbucks expenses as my entertainment and a major pleasure in my life. I meet friends or sometimes take a photo book and study.

Hope said...

In the bottom shot, you have beautifully captured the way the weight of the heavier side of the book lays flat and the lighter side of the book is raised and curled open. My favorite part is that it is the LEFT side of the book is much heavier and the curl of the pages to the right is relatively thin, thus indicating SIGNIFICANT PROGRESS in getting through that subject - not to mention a renewed sense of responsibility for your own life's progression....my baby sister is growing up! YAY!

Anonymous said...

I love the shot with papers and cell .. I am very drawn to stationary items ... and coffee goes so well together! Well done ...

Sidney said...

Nice place to learn about capitalism ! ;-)

Unknown said...

Actually, last week I finished that course(Economics) :) Happy happy day!

Thanks for all your comments!!!