Saturday, February 26, 2011

Blogging, Conversations, and Conversational Blogging

I love when I can go to a blog and feel like I know the person through reading their posts. People like that just make it look SO easy. Take J* or Kara Layne - they're gorgeous, they are awesome story tellers and conversations makers, and I feel like I know a lot about them - even the quirky things like how much J* adores her puppy, Polo, and Kara's love affair with Sprinkles cupcakes (shh.. don't tell her hubby ;)), actually, she is who got me started on them! I now subscribe to Sprinkles' tweets and receive tempting things like, "the first 50 people to say "blue suede shoes" receive a free peanut butter banana cupcake," 4 to 5 times a day... *Thanks, Kara* ;)

Well, anyway, it all comes down to sincerity. That's their advantage. That, and a genuine connection to their readers. Kara says, "blogging should be a conversation," and J* says, we should "KIR - Keep It Real." These are things I strive for, things I can only wish came naturally to me because, sadly, they don't I mean, not in blogging anyway. I've always been one to second guess myself. I write things and then read them over, and over, just to make sure I don't sound silly, or uneducated, or vain, or a suck up. I am a bit insecure, I suppose. Just waiting for someone to dislike me because my excitement got the best of me and I over did it. But this is me, I am a newbie, and I am a young photographer, but none of that means I am an amateur, by any means. Does it?

There's a John Mayer song that asks, "would you want me when I'm not myself?"(and it's probably taken out of context, but still), that's how I feel. It's all or nothing(or in this case really boring "update" posts). It's hard for me to think that anyone would want to read something that is not from my heart, but I'll let you be the judge. When you read things on this blog, I want you to know that I am truly, genuinely, saying them, with all my heart. And I am going to try making things more personal. I've tried this a few times before but somehow everything shifts back to business and my "professional," updating self. And, I'll admit, I am worried that people won't take me seriously, but I hope you will and you'll back me up on this. I promise to keep it PG( or maybe PG-13, let's face it, I am a wedding photographer...) and you just let me know if I'm getting out of hand. Deal?

I hope so!

Hugs!
- Hadassah

No comments: