Saturday, May 26, 2007

The Sunglassed Eye



If you remember, last weekend, I talked about admiring the attempts to replicate the colors seen through the "sunglassed eye" in pictures. Well, I had the idea about 2-3 weeks ago to use my sunglasses as a filter for my camera lens. I liked the way the ray of the sun were very pronounced. Being able to capture light in many different forms has been a "goal" of mine for a while, and I love that the "sunglass filter" has helped accomplish that in a way. I think there is an actual professional filter called a polarizer (or also a cross screen) that would probably help with that too, but I can't use anything like that right now with my T33 SO, brown, Ralph Lauren, sunglass lenses will have to do :)

The first shot was taken in my backyard and the second was taken outside the Post Office at 22nd or 21st and State St.

1 comment:

don said...

I like the explosion of light in each picture. Your innovative use of sunglasses as a filter is quite creative and very practical at the same time. I've used the tinted top of a windshield the same way to add color to the sky in a shot. I hope you're having a great weekend!