Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Developing and Printing

All I can say is YAY! I've developed on my own, now 3 rolls!

I was kind of intimidated at first, but I've overcome all that..
And tonight, hehe, test strips, contact sheets and mmmm, my favorite, prints! :)

I now know why Sebastian and Otto have their love for film - seeing your photo appear while agitating, now that is a feeling all photographers should feel.
I'm still a little intimidated by printing, but I know I'll get better with practice.


Anyway, another two weeks down!

Oh, btw, I have a sweet hook up at Calumet Photo.. Steve Martin, y'all! A really nice guy I know from work who got me a sweet deal on Ilford fiber based paper. Steve, you rock!

Alrighty, peeps, I need to sleep - today was loooong - I just wanted to update.

I'll be back later this weekend with my print. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent!!!

Film is great fun, but it isn't practical at all for me. My clients have all required digital files so there is not much use in the extra expense of film only to convert it to digital in the end.

I know that pretty much all photography students start with film their first year as part of the curriculum. Have fun with it!

Calumet is a good resource. The people are very nice and knowledgeable there. I got my big studio lights and a few other things there.

Anonymous said...

That's great! Have fun with it, if you find that its not practical, as Laurie said there is absolutely nothing lost as you've learned how to do it without checking the LCD.

As I've said before its like painting vs photoshop. Equally and absolutely AMAZING results have been achieved with both.

But with all that said, it IS great to see your prints come up isn't it? There is like a zen purity to it that I enjoy.