Monday, January 17, 2011

Gonzalez Gorman Tasting Part 1

So remember in my last post I showed my new event cards, and said I'd explain later? Well, here it is! Yesterday, I had the great privilege to photograph a tasting for Elena and Thomas, hosted by Pure Kitchen Catering. I was invited to be the photographer by one of my good friends from college, Kyren, who works for Joshua at Pure Kitchen. I'm forever grateful to her, because she believes in me so much and refers me for job after job - LOVE YOU, Kyren!!

Anyway, back to the tasting! The gorgeous Elena is an Oprah bride, how fab is that?! So, I needless to say, I was very excited to be the photographer on hand! Elena and Tom's wedding is in June, so they came out to Kitchen Chicago to be wowed by Pure Kitchen. And let me tell you, I heard a lot of wow's! Everyone enjoying great food, lots of laughs in the air - This was my favorite type of shoot! I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

When I imported the images later that night, I continued to be overwhelmed by beauty, as I had all day long. Of course, with all the wonderful imagery of which I was bestowed yesterday, I had to break up my posts -I had just too many favorites! So I'll share my second round of favorites on Wednesday, along with a link to the remaining images! Hope you'll stay tuned!

Today's post is all about design and details!
When I arrived at Kitchen Chicago, I met the lovely Deborah Weisenhaus of Art of Imagination, the designer who put together the amazing decor.
I was so impressed by the simple and elegant table scape and warm lighting - she brought us the warmth of summer while snow was falling out the window.

The bar was stocked with summery drinks too! and Oh, the colors!

and Oh, the colors!


Come back Wednesday for installment number 2: The Food! I can hardly wait!

No comments: