Thursday, May 10, 2007

Crabapple Blossoms

One thing I've always loved - flowers, flowers of all kinds. I've loved them so much I took pictures of them. That, actually, is how all this photography stuff started. Heh, a digital camera, a few floppy disks, flowers and a mother's encouragement, that is.

We'd(mom, me and the little ones) take walks everyday around 2:30 or 3:00pm right before the kids started coming home from school. We'd take long walks around the blocks of our neighborhood. A few times when Dad was away on business, I brought his Sony Mavica with and I'd shoot the flowers along the way, the pink garden rose bush was mom's favorite
(I'll have to post these one day). I knew nothing about a camera, I had no clue how it worked, all I knew was I could slip in a floppy, zoom, push the button and grab some great shots that my mom loved. I've come far from that point- I can even kind of explain what ISO is now.. lol and I still have a ways to go, but I enjoy reflecting(if you haven't noticed).

So I went back to the beginning and have been shooting flowers again. First, Tuilips, next was lilacs(which didn't make too much of an impression on me yet), then crabapple blossoms...Hmm, what comes after crabapples? I guess we'll see. Maybe Chicago skyscrapers, I've been fascinated by them lately. Maybe Chicago in general, maybe I'll pull a Johnathan Greenwald and go street photographer on you. Although, I think that was what the last post was......



Someone asked me if I was playing "He loves me, He loves me not" I wasn't, these blew off the trees. I tried to capture them in mid-air, but overcast sunlight wasn't permitting.

Oh yeah! Before I forget, I finished American Literature entirely today, THANK GOD!

4 comments:

don said...

The crabapple blossoms make fine subjects for these shots. My favorite would have to be the first one with the nice trunks lines running through the shot. Each of the others are special in their own way.
Very nice shots.

Anonymous said...

i love reading your comment and photos,very nice

Unknown said...

It was also one of my favorites, Don, I love flowering trees and trunk lines- in winter, ah, they're so awesome!

Kheoh Yee Wei- I'm glad you enjoy my blog, thank you for commenting!

Anonymous said...

erm... crabapple blossom, this is the first time i heard that name... is it smell good?

well, i use to love flowers too, and one of my future intention is to watch Sakura, a Japanese flower falls.. its look great and lovely.

one more thing, what kind of camera that you can fill in a floppy?