Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Crazy, Hectic, and Stressful

Life is interesting during the transition from teen to adult. I'm so not used to being grown. I wish I was more prepared, but what can I say? I liked being the baby of my family- I was always taken care of, but now, I'm almost 19 and I'm working part time and studying and trying to have a life all at the same time. I know what all the adults and parents reading this are thinking- "such is life, Hadassah, you should've known." Don't get me wrong, I enjoy my life, I enjoy responsibility, but the one thing I wish was that the transition was a bit smoother, just a small bit. Oh well, I guess, what's done is done. All I can do now is learn as I go.

I can't tell you though, how much I enjoy sharing my pictures here and over at aminus3 and coming back to my inbox to find comments from Don, Sebastian, Justin, Sidney or Jyoti- those of you who's work I admire so much! And then lately quite a few newcomers, you all are so wonderful! I can't thank you enough for taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it. It's just the thing to perk me up during the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the beautiful patterns in this shot. Very nice picture. I enjoyed reading your thoughts on growing up. I've been at it many years and haven't arrived yet! :-) But it's been a fascinating and wonderful journey.
You're on the right track, Hadassah. Work, learn, aim high for yourself...and have some fun too.

Anonymous said...

Growing up is a funny transition, I'm still sort of ambivalent about the whole thing. Some days I'm happy to be growing up, other days I feel like I'm still grasping at my last few straws of youth. What's become important to me is the idea of growing up without growing old - becoming a better person without selling out or abandoning the things that I really believe in. I still hope to be foolish and ambitious at age 80.

Unknown said...

Such is life, Hadassah, you should've known! ;-)

I was the type to have always wanted to be grown up and in control of my own life. The more I mature the more I know and the happier I am. I'm almost 30 and couldn't be happier.

Wishing it would be smoother is no problem just figure out what steps can be taken to make it happen and implement them. The realization that you have full control of your life and that decisions are as easy as you make them is really kind of mind blowing.