Saturday, January 10, 2009

Portfolio update

So, thank you for all the comments on that last cry for help. I've been working on it, but I found out that my portfolio isn't needed Monday.
Sometime this semester it will be reviewed, but not now.
I've decided that it was nice to get a kick in the butt, thinking I needed it. I'll continue to work on it, of course, but I'll just take a little more time.

With the help of Sebastian, Yassine, and Hope I think I've gotten pretty far in choosing about 29 pics. I'd planned on 10 but I think with more time it's ok to have a few more pics. I do need to find a place to print them. I'm still not sure what sizes I should use, tho. Hope keeps saying I should do different sizes and mount them at different heights and in corners of mats. I'm not sure if that will become distracting tho. Laurie gave me suggestions on the type of portfolio book/case to get. I guess maybe I should just head over to Blick or something look at what they have.

Of course, suggestions on any/all of this stuff would be lovely (esp from my Chicago readers! :))! Where do y'all shop?

It snowed a lot last night, at least 8inches. I went out this morning and took some pictures with my little sisters and my nephews. I'm hoping that I'll be able to use at least one in my portfolio. I haven't brought them up yet tho, so we'll have to see.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could feel the bit of panic in the last post...I am glad that you have a bit more time to get it all together...whew!

Good luck with it all, I am sure it will be wonderful.

Anonymous said...

I share Laurie relief about the face that you had a more time in which to produce a portfolio. Sounds like you have some good help in the process. Our huge snow level has sunk about 1-2 feet and turned into huge piles of dirty snow covered with fallen pine needles!... very ugly! :-)

Anonymous said...

I realize I'm a little late to the party, but I went through this a couple years ago. In the end, I decided to skip the stress and COST of a physical portfolio and create a digital one, which can be found here: http://www.justingaynor.com/index.php?x=portfolio

I've found that over the last few years, there hasn't been any circumstances where someone who wanted to see examples of my work was unhappy or unable to view it digitally instead. It also gives you the ability to keep your portfolio up to date quickly and without cost. Just a thought :)